It’s coming up to the first anniversary of Twenty Steps so what could be better than a series of posts highlighting some of the stuff in the archives that you may have missed first time round?
Well apart from a private lapdance with Scarlett Johansson… 😈
- Slowly slowly catchy money – I still stand by what I said here that it’s important to realise that there is no such thing as a get rich quick method online. All I’d add to the article is that you can aid the process by playing with AdWords or Text Link Ads to aid the process.
- The Balance – Sadly I’ve still not managed to find the perfect live-work balance and spend way too much time in front of a computer but I’m getting there…
- How to write a successful blog – Heavily influenced by a couple of posts by Blog Bloke, I looked at the key factors you need to consider if you want to build and maintain a successful blog. Looks like I need to revisit #1 😳
- Technorati and Blogging – Now I don’t know whether it’s because Technorati isn’t as good as it used to be or because sites like StumbleUpon have become more popular but I don’t get as much traffic via Technorati as I used to. However it’s still a useful resource.
- Let The Challenge Begin – For all you new readers to Twenty Steps, you may not be aware that the original idea of the site was to chronicle my quest to double a dollar twenty times to make one million dollars. Well it never quite happened but look how excited I was when it all started!
- Expired domain names – I’ve still not seriously looked into domaining and, if I’m honest, probably won’t as I think I’ve missed the boat and also I’m skint
- Origins of The Challenge – If nothing else you can read this to find out a little bit more about me if you were particularly bored one day…
- The Rich Jerk – Fact or fiction? – Still one of the most popular posts on the site.
- The benefits of Blogger – Although I’ve not used Blogger for a while, I still think there is a definite advantage in using it to get instant results. The downside is that every spammer on the planet is also using it…
- Google Sandbox – I can’t believe that people still debate whether or not it exists. It does. Get over it. Move on.
- Who are you? – Another one to read on a rainy day if you want to know more about the man behind the blog.
- The Numbers Game – I looked at the optimal time for posting to your blog in this one and I still think the numbers stack up. I’ll probably revisit this one again to see how 12 months of stats stack up.
And there you have it. A quick roundup of posts from the very first month of Twenty Steps. I hope you enjoy looking back through them and, rest assured, there’s more to come over the next couple of days!
Oh and if you’re wondering about the unusual title to this, I kinda figured it would be more interesting to name this series after some of my favourite songs rather than something dull like “August 2006 Recap”… 😀