Once more I delve back into the Twenty Steps archives to review some of the previous 12 months worth of posts and it seems that October I posted mainly quick and newsy posts but still managed to put together a few bits and pieces that are worth reading again including tips to increase AdSense earnings, how to get more traffic to your blog and ten SEO tips you shouldn’t ignore.
- AdSense Tips – Obviously the tip about using images is redundant now that Google have changed that particular money spinner. Shame as I’d spent a lot of time coding a site to blend images beautifully with AdSense just as they pulled the plug. Grrr!
- Useful Links #1 – I really must continue with this series because, if nothing else, it means that I can keep all my “must use” sites in one place!
- How to get more traffic to your blog – Leaving comments is definitely a way to increase traffic and the site mentioned in the article thrived on leaving 10-15 comments a day on other blogs. I must be honest and say that I’ve neglected this over the last month so I’m going to be actively commenting again so keep an eye out for me on your blog.
- 465 Free SEO Friendly Directories – You know what? I’m not convinced that directory submissions are worth pursuing in terms of gaining traffic. The only benefit to directories is the flow of PageRank and links. Other than that, I can’t see the point so this service is still worth using.
- 10 tips to improve your search engine ranking – Basic SEO advice but still ignored by a lot of people.